The 2019 version of Providence Girls Tennis looks to continue the success of the last two seasons and qualify for the state tournament for a third consecutive season. The team returns four starters from 2018’s team that finished the season ranked No. 3 in the state. Returning are No. 1 singles player and 2018 singles state champion Halli Trinkle, first team all-state singles player Natalie Boesing, second team all-state doubles player Hannah Conder, and all-district singles player Maria Popson. Additions to the varsity team will be three sophomores: Anna Coe, Avery Kraft, and Emma Kaelin. In addition to anticipated team success, Halli as well as No. 1 doubles duo Natalie and Hannah have aspirations of individual state titles.
Head Coach Scott Gurgol
Assistant Coach Hanna Gish ’10
Postseason History (since 2015):
- 2019: Sectional, Regional Champions;
- 2018: Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State Champions; State Quarterfinalists; Halli Trinkle State Singles Champ.
- 2017: Sectional, Regional, and first-time Semi-State Champs as team; first time as State Runners-Up
- 2016: Sectional, Regional Champs; one individual advanced to singles state semi-finals
- 2015: Doubles Sectional Champions
Girls Tennis Schedule (subject to change)