The 2019 Girls Tennis team achieved its fourth consecutive sectional and regional titles, with Halli Trinkle ’19, Hannah Conder ’19, and Natalie Boesing advancing into the individual state tournament. Trinkle finished the season as the singles state runner-up, and Conder and Boesing fought hard but lost in the state doubles quarterfinals. The team finished No. 23 in the final state ranking and earned team Academic All-State for the sixth straight season (earning a combined GPA above 3.6).
Individual success includes Trinkle earning Indiana High School Tennis Coaches Association First Team All-State Singles honors, being named to the ICGSA North/South Senior All-Star team, and being named a National High School Tennis All-American. She will continue her career playing NCAA Division I women’s tennis at the College of Charleston. Conder and Boesing earned IHSTeCA First Team All-State Doubles honors, and Conder also was named to the North/South Senior All-Star team and IHSTeCA individual Academic All-State Honorable Mention (requiring at least 3.7 GPA and 1200 SAT). All three were named to the IHSTeCA All-District Team for District 8.
In 2020, Girls Tennis will look to Boesing, Maria Popson, Anna Coe, Emma Kaelin, and Avery Kraft to carry on the winning tradition.
2018-2019 season record: 15-7
Head Coach Scott Gurgol
Assistant Coach Hanna Gish ’10
Postseason History (since 2015):
- 2019: Sectional, Regional Champions; Halli Trinkle State Singles Runner-up
- 2018: Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State Champions; State Quarterfinalists; Halli Trinkle State Singles Champ
- 2017: Sectional, Regional, and first-time Semi-State Champs as team; first time as State Runners-Up
- 2016: Sectional, Regional Champs; one individual advanced to singles state semi-finals
- 2015: Doubles Sectional Champions